NEW: SUP Yoga Teacher Training!
August 25-27, 2023
Kittery Point, Maine
Friday August 25 12-4pm, Saturday August 26 9-5pm . Sunday August 27 9-5pm
Join us for a Hands On Inspiring 20 Hour Stand Up PaddleBoard Yoga Teacher Training. With completion of this program, you will be Classified as a Class 1 SUP Yoga Teacher and will be able to teach SUP Yoga Classes safely and successfully! You will also receive a Water Safety Certificate from The World Paddle Association and will receive Paddling Instructions This training is open to Registered Yoga Teachers or anyone who wishes to strengthen their existing practice and/or sharpen their paddle skills.
The course curriculum covers classroom and on water instruction. It includes, but is not limited to:
– Board and Equipment Necessities -Proper Handling, transport, and assembly.
– SUP Etiquette
– Water and General Safety
– Injury Prevention/Rescue Techniques
– Water Dynamics
– Boating Laws Basics for NH and ME
– Paddling Skills- Basics to get EVERYONE out on the Water
– Yoga Styles and techniques for Creating SUP Yoga Classes for Traditional Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, and Specialty Yoga Styles
– Yoga Methodologies and Philosophy related to SUP Yoga
– The Business of Yoga
Upon Completion, you will receive a water safety certificate from WPA World Paddle Association as well as A Class 1 Certificate as A SUP Yoga Instructor from WPA. You will be eligible to earn 20 Hours Of Continuing Education from your existing Yoga Alliance Membership. Numerous perks are provided through WPA upon completion.
$625 covers manual, use of all equipment (SUP, leash, anchor, paddle, PFD), certificates of completion from WPA.