Founder and Lead Instructor
My journey began when I moved north from Connecticut in 2006. Living across the street from a New Hampshire beach, daily beach walks with the love-of-my-life standard poodle, and watching the surfers opened my eyes to all the wonder living on a seacoast can bring! I began local ladies’ night surf lessons and bought my first surfboard in 2007. Next came my first SUP in 2010. My dog quickly adapted to being the captain of the SUP and we ventured together navigating the ocean waters and estuaries of NH and ME. Practicing yoga for over 20 years, it wasn’t until I connected with its healing properties that I began to practice several times a week. Now, I cannot imagine a life without Yoga. Something miraculous happened when I took my first SUP Yoga class! I was immediately connected with nature and a sport I adored! I began practicing SUP yoga on my own. I knew I wanted to be a SUP Instructor and signed up for SUP Yoga Training before choosing a 200-Hour Yoga Training. The rest is history!!
- Yoga Instructor RYT 500
- WPA Level 1 SUP Yoga Instructor
- Level 1 Restorative and Yoga Nidra Teacher
- Certified Accessible Yoga Teacher
- Level 2 Reiki Practitioner
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- WFA (Wilderness First aid)
- Occupational Therapist A.S.
- Life and Health Coach Certification
- Volunteer for Blue Ocean Society, a nonprofit organization for Marine Conservation. Protecting marine life in the Gulf of Maine. We have adopted Seapoint Beach for Monthly Beach Clean Ups in Kittery Point to support Blue Ocean Society.
- Nutritionist B.S.
- Snowboard Instructor
- Active Member of the SPC Seacoast Paddleboard Club. Member of the SPC Paddle Perks Program. A $5.00 discount will be refunded to all participants who sign up for classes who are SPC members! Discount will be refunded upon verification with the SPC.
- Seacoast Ski Club active member
- We support the nonprofit SABR Seacoast Area Bicycle Riders and Bicycle Benefits which inspires biking and connections from coast to coast. If you attend any class or event with a bicycle benefits sticker on your bike helmet, Tides of Life SUP Yoga will provide you with a free bottle of water.
- Favorite Pose: Upward Facing Dog
It’s energizing and mood-lifting.
- Favorite Quote: “Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.” –B.K.S Iyengar
- My Furry Friends: Sammy and Earl Aum while I Aum.
- What I cherish– Friends, family, my furry friends, community, and connection!
Jeanmarie (JM) has been practicing vinyasa yoga for the past eight years locally in the NH Seacoast area. She took her first paddleboard- yoga class six years ago in Rye NH. Since then she has attended several yoga and paddleboard-yoga retreats.
Paddleboard-yoga has taught her more about balance and the ability to slow down to fully express each pose.
Even after her first class she always said that she would be a paddleboard-yoga instructor one day! She is happy to announce those days are finally here!
She completed her 200 hour yoga teacher training in Exeter, New Hampshire, and will have obtained her 25 hour paddle board yoga certification in May!
She is an avid outdoor enthusiast. JM loves to hike and has almost completed the New Hampshire 48 4000 footers that she started in 2020! When not hiking she also enjoys mountain biking, skiing and playing golf.
JM is a mother of two teenagers, two dogs and two parakeets. She can even be seen on her paddleboard with her pup too! JM works as a Veterinary Technician at Mitchell Animal Hospital in Brentwood, NH. JM is looking forward to sharing her love of the outdoors with all of you!
- Yoga instructor RYT 200hr
- WPA Level I Instructor 5/21
- Wilderness First Aid 6/21
- Veterinary Technician
- Favorite Pose: Tree Vrikshasana – The wind does not break a tree that bends.
- Favorite Quote: “Yoga with its techniques helps you to harmonize with nature. Peace is our very nature and yoga leads you to inner peace.” Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- What I cherish: spending time with my kids and dogs and being out in nature.
I am an avid hiker, nature lover, yoga teacher, adventurer, artist, and dream nurturer. I bring my love for people, mindfulness, and inner growth on adventures in the woods and out in nature. It was in the woods that I first realized I always came back to myself. The mountains and nature are a place I’ve found can hold everything I am. I began meditating in 2000 and in 2009 I started practicing hatha and vinyasa yoga. The benefits of these two practices have helped me grow immensely as a person and I love sharing what I have learned. I’m a few hikes shy of completing the 48, 4,000 footers, and I look forward to completing those with my friends this summer. Join us for some outdoor growth adventures. I look forward to co-creating a joyful and nurturing environment where you can be confident that you will be encouraged and supported when you step out of your comfort zone.
- 6-12 Art and Woodworking Teacher
- Yoga instructor RYT 500hr
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Wilderness First Aid 6/21
- Yin Yoga Instructor
- Reiki I Certification
- AMC Youth Opportunities Leader
- Favorite Pose: Airplane and Warrior II: There is freedom in flying and strength in being a warrior.
- Favorite Quote: “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.” Martha Graham
- What I cherish– Community, Connection, and Love!
I rediscovered Yoga when I went to a new church. A couple who were members owned a Yoga studio. Encouraged to do power yoga I then enrolled in their 2008 yoga teacher training. Toby S of Tobyoga in Vernon, CT and Annie Q from the Yoga shop in South Windsor, CT have been influential teachers along with yoga teachers at Exeter Power Yoga and Healing. I went through another 200-hour yoga teacher training in 2015 in the Baptiste/Liv Freestyle of Yoga. 2015 took training for Chair yoga teaching seniors and office workers. I have taught yoga classes at Continuing adult education and fitness centers. I taught chair yoga at Rye Park & Recreation in NH and as a volunteer at Riverwoods in Exeter, currently have two private chair yoga students. I enjoy the challenge and the emotional release of toxins and limited beliefs. My yoga practice has deepened and healed my spine. My approach to yoga is Vinyasa flow with movement (organic), sweat and the beauty of the breath and poses.
- Yoga instructor RYT 200hr
- Baptiste/Liv Freestyle 200-hr yoga training
- Chair Yoga