Founder and Lead Instructor
My journey began when I moved north from Connecticut in 2006. Living across the street from a New Hampshire beach, daily beach walks with the love-of-my-life standard poodle, and watching the surfers opened my eyes to all the wonder living on a seacoast can bring! I began local ladies’ night surf lessons and bought my first surfboard in 2007. Next came my first SUP in 2010. My dog quickly adapted to being the captain of the SUP and we ventured together navigating the ocean waters and estuaries of NH and ME. Practicing yoga for over 20 years, it wasn’t until I connected with its healing properties that I began to practice several times a week. Now, I cannot imagine a life without Yoga. Something miraculous happened when I took my first SUP Yoga class! I was immediately connected with nature and a sport I adored! I began practicing SUP yoga on my own. I knew I wanted to be a SUP Instructor and signed up for SUP Yoga Training before choosing a 200-Hour Yoga Training. The rest is history!!
- Yoga Instructor RYT 500
- WPA Level 1 SUP Yoga Instructor
- Level 1 Restorative and Yoga Nidra Teacher
- Certified Accessible Yoga Teacher
- Level 2 Reiki Practitioner
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- WFA (Wilderness First aid)
- Occupational Therapist A.S.
- Life and Health Coach Certification
- Volunteer for Blue Ocean Society, a nonprofit organization for Marine Conservation. Protecting marine life in the Gulf of Maine. We have adopted Seapoint Beach for Monthly Beach Clean Ups in Kittery Point to support Blue Ocean Society.
- Nutritionist B.S.
- Snowboard Instructor
- Active Member of the SPC Seacoast Paddleboard Club. Member of the SPC Paddle Perks Program. A $5.00 discount will be refunded to all participants who sign up for classes who are SPC members! Discount will be refunded upon verification with the SPC.
- Seacoast Ski Club active member
- We support the nonprofit SABR Seacoast Area Bicycle Riders and Bicycle Benefits which inspires biking and connections from coast to coast. If you attend any class or event with a bicycle benefits sticker on your bike helmet, Tides of Life SUP Yoga will provide you with a free bottle of water.
- Favorite Pose: Upward Facing Dog
It’s energizing and mood-lifting.
- Favorite Quote: “Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.” –B.K.S Iyengar
- My Furry Friends: Sammy and Earl Aum while I Aum.
- What I cherish– Friends, family, my furry friends, community, and connection!